Team Leader Checklist and Agreement
Please review the checklist below and then electronically sign and submit your agreement to the checklist at the bottom of the page.
Team Leaders should:
AS LEADER OF MY GROUP, I AGREE TO COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS...
- be 21 years or older
- be a BCM/BSU Director or be a current youth/college/student minister at a church
- be willing to work under the supervision of IMB overseas personnel
- have a sense of God's leadership
- have a desire to work with people of other cultures
- be emotionally and spiritually mature
1. Enlistment of group participants:
- To bring only participants who are professing believers in Jesus Christ.
- To bring only participants of the appropriate ages. I have read the project request and understand that the field personnel have taken in to consideration the safety and effectiveness of the students on this team.
2. Completion of the Registration Process:
- Prior to the day of departure, provide the Student Mobilization Team with specific group member information (There are 2 parts to the Registration. Your pre-registration must be completed online at www.thetask.org/pre. Part 2 is an Excel spreadsheet that we will email you after you complete the pre-registration.)
3. Travel/ Flight Itinerary:
- We recommend National Travel Systems. (1-800-814-3336, email@example.com). Go here for more information.
- Email your flight itinerary in to the Student Mobilization Team as a backup and to be sent to the Field Personnel.
4. Insurance Coverage:
- Acquire insurance coverage through Gallagher Charitable Insurance Company (formerly Adams and Associates International.)
Username: imbstudent Password: 2thenations
5. Child Protection Measures:
- Request and review a criminal background check on every participant of age 18 or above or obtain evidence of such a background check (within the last four years) to guard against the physical and/or sexual abuse of children in relation to every aspect of this project. We recommend Protect My Ministry. However, you can use a different company to run the background checks if you prefer.
- Screen all of my participants who are 18 or above through an interview and reference process as well as through completion of the IMB Child Protection Policy training video and participant guidebook. (Other Child Protection training videos are acceptable.)
- Email your local field supervisor to let them know you've completed the Child Protection Measures. A simple one-line email such as "Everyone on our team has completed the Child Protection Measures" will suffice.
6. Spiritual Preparation
- Prepare the team through bible studies, prayer, encouragement, and any training needed well before the trip, teaching the heart of God towards missions and our part in spreading the Good News.
Resources available at http://www.thetask.org/prepare
To print a copy of the checklist click here.